The Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Those Who Enter Are Lost

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cornelius' past } A Journey of Self Discovery

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cornelius*

Cornelius*

Cornelius' past } A Journey of Self Discovery Empty
PostSubject: Cornelius' past } A Journey of Self Discovery   Cornelius' past } A Journey of Self Discovery I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 6:47 am

(Takes place in England about 3 years before the kidnapping.)

"Let's wrap it up," Cornelius said and started walking down from the stage. "Hey, you wanna go grab something to eat before we head home? My treat," a familiar voice said behind him as he finished packing his bag. "Sorry, I can't. But how about tomorrow?" Cornelius stood up and started walking towards the door with his friend. "Tomorrow is fine, I'll see you then." Cornelius felt a slap on his shoulder that almost made him trip. "Take care," he said before he made his way to the library at the university. He had recently discovered a section he found quite interesting; the mythological section. When his powers had started affecting him in his early teenage years, it was like he instinctively knew how to control them. He knew he was different, not an ordinary human like his adoptive parents or everyone else he knew. In the beginning he had tried not to think too much about it, tried to pretend he was like everybody else. But lately he had started to wonder what he really was.
To his surprise someone else was in the section when he arrived, reading. Usually the library was rather empty at this hour, and he almost never saw anyone else in the mythological section. He didn't recognize the girl, but then again the university was a huge place. "Hey, are you new here?" he asked cheerfully as he sat down next her, but he only got a gentle shush as a response. "What are you reading?" Cornelius continued in the same tone and leaned closer to look at her book. "It's a library, you have to be quiet," the girl whispered in a French accent. Cornelius leaned back in the chair and studied the girl for a while. He then stood up and walked to the nearest bookcase. He picked out a book, skimmed through it and put it back. He continued with other books. "What are you looking for?" The sound startled him. "I thought you were supposed to be quiet in a library," he said cheekily as he looked back at the girl from before. The girl lifted an eyebrow, seemingly waiting for an answer to her question. "I'm not quite sure," Cornelius said and put the book back in its place. "Why don't you describe it for me? Maybe I can help," the girl said as she walked up next to him. "Thank you," he replied and tried to turn his thoughts into words.
Back to top Go down

Cornelius' past } A Journey of Self Discovery
Page 1 of 1