The Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Those Who Enter Are Lost

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Switched (Tag: Periwinkle)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cornelius*

Cornelius*

Switched  (Tag: Periwinkle) Empty
PostSubject: Switched (Tag: Periwinkle)   Switched  (Tag: Periwinkle) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 9:51 am

Cornelius woke up feeling extremely groggy. It was the same feeling as when he had first woken up in this place. He sat up and looked around. At first he wasn't sure if his eyes were deceiving him, but eventually it became clear to him that the room had changed around him. The twin mattresses on the floor had been replaced by an actual bed and the human shaped dragon was nowhere to be seen. Instead his eyes landed upon a girl, seemingly a few years younger than himself, lying on the bed next to him. He knew right away that she was asleep and decided not to wake her up. Instead he walked over to the sink and splashed some cold water in his face.
Back to top Go down
Periwinkle

Periwinkle

PostSubject: Re: Switched (Tag: Periwinkle)   Switched  (Tag: Periwinkle) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 11:11 am

Periwinkle rolled over in her sleep. After wearing the collar which had stunted her powers, her body was feeling too hot. Beads of sweat trickled down her forehead as the hours she spent in the basement, and passed out in her new room, not being able to regulate her body temperature was finally taking a toll on her.
She sat up weakly, putting a hand to her forehead as she tried to lift her wings, but it was useless..

'What do I do?' she mumbled to herself as her breathing started to become ragged. She had only been in this state once before, when she and Jack were separated after a fight with a werewolf. What did he say when he found me? she thought, trying to think back to that night.

'Ah! I know!' she exclaimed with a smile as she slid onto the floor and sat up as best she could. Put one hand over your heart and one on the ground, she thought, repeating Jack's words from 2 years ago, now close your eyes and concentrate.. Concentrate on that cold feeling in your heart. Let it flow into your blood, through your veins and into the ground below..

'Come on..' she said to herself, urging her powers to manifest as she kept her eyes tightly shut. She stayed completely still as she started to feel the ground around her hand start to freeze. As the frost slowly crept it's way across the ground and towards the ceiling, she could feel her strength slowly start to return as snow started to fall lightly inside the room.
Back to top Go down
Cornelius*

Cornelius*

PostSubject: Re: Switched (Tag: Periwinkle)   Switched  (Tag: Periwinkle) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 11:28 am

OOC: Sorry, but I just have to ask something. How big is Periwinkle? I just assumed that she was human sized, but then I realised that her looking as a 16-year-old doesn't necessarily mean she's the size of a human. So I just wanted to know for sure before I reply, I hope that's ok. And also is she a fairy-like creature?
Back to top Go down
Periwinkle

Periwinkle

PostSubject: Re: Switched (Tag: Periwinkle)   Switched  (Tag: Periwinkle) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 3:44 pm

(OOC: She's 16 year old human girl size and she is fairy like she's just not as small as one :3 I should probably put it in her character profile since I never really thought about it like that before Razz)
Back to top Go down
Cornelius*

Cornelius*

PostSubject: Re: Switched (Tag: Periwinkle)   Switched  (Tag: Periwinkle) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 4:04 pm

OOC: Ok good, thank you for clarifying that :3

Cornelius heard the girl behind him. He dried off the remaining water with the back of his hand as he turned around. His eyes widened as he watched the frost spread across the ground. He took a step back, but when he realised the freezing wasn’t going to just stop, he lifted himself up from the floor. Hanging in the air he watched the room freeze around him. He looked at the girl who was clearly the one in control of the weather change. “I hope you aren’t planning on starting a snow storm in here,” Cornelius said, wondering just what exactly the girl was doing.
Back to top Go down
Periwinkle

Periwinkle

PostSubject: Re: Switched (Tag: Periwinkle)   Switched  (Tag: Periwinkle) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 4:23 pm

Periwinkle flinched when she heard the voice, not realising there was someone else in the room with her. She quickly flew up towards the corner of the room, her back facing the wall as she glanced at where the voice had come from.

'Why?' she questioned what seemed like an ordinary human with a tilt of her head, 'don't you like the.. EEP!' she squeaked as she fell towards the ground. Soon realising that the voice had interrupted her ritual and she only had the strength for barely a minute of flight.
Back to top Go down
Cornelius*

Cornelius*

PostSubject: Re: Switched (Tag: Periwinkle)   Switched  (Tag: Periwinkle) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 4:36 pm

Cornelius watched the girl’s reaction, realising that interrupting whatever she had been doing might not have been the best idea. She seemed more afraid of him than he was of her, despite the fact that she was the one who had turned the room into a winter landscape.
”I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to startle you,” Cornelius said, making his way towards the girl as she fell to the ground. He placed his feet on the ground again as he kneeled down in front of her. “Are you hurt?” he asked concerned.
Back to top Go down
Periwinkle

Periwinkle

PostSubject: Re: Switched (Tag: Periwinkle)   Switched  (Tag: Periwinkle) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 5:10 pm

'Ow ow ow ow,' she mumbled to herself, rubbing her side as she waited for the pain to subside, 'stupid wings.. stupid collar.. stupid..' she stopped and stared closely at the man in front of her, her sudden curiosity masking her pain.

Without saying anything she stood up and circled him, observing every detail of his outward appearance. He just looks like a normal human, what could he be doing here? she thought before sitting in front of him in silence, legs crossed.
Back to top Go down
Cornelius*

Cornelius*

PostSubject: Re: Switched (Tag: Periwinkle)   Switched  (Tag: Periwinkle) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 5:36 am

Still kneeling, Cornelius looked up at the girl as she circled him. At least the fall didn't seem to have affected her too much. "Ah. What... wait a minute. What are you staring at?" It made him slightly uncomfortable that she just looked at him like that, not knowing what she wanted. He ran his fingers through his hair, brushing off the little snowflakes that had landed in it.
"Well, say something, will you?" Cornelius said to the girl who was now sitting in front of him.
Back to top Go down
Cornelius*

Cornelius*

PostSubject: Re: Switched (Tag: Periwinkle)   Switched  (Tag: Periwinkle) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 5:33 am

OOC: Oh btw if you wanna do that Pick your poison thing then you can either include it in your reply or we can do it later. It's up to you.
Back to top Go down
Periwinkle

Periwinkle

PostSubject: Re: Switched (Tag: Periwinkle)   Switched  (Tag: Periwinkle) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 11:11 am

(OOC: We can do it now :3 Before I forget about it Razz)

Before she could say anything back to him a picture lit up on one of the walls in the room.

'Pretty..' she whispered as she stood up, mesmerised by the garden on screen. It reminded her of the places she and Jack had called home for the past 5 years. Free and peaceful.. she thought, though what was really going on in front of her was far from peaceful.

Periwinkle turned back to the man in front of her and grabbed his arm, pulling him in the direction of the screen.

'Look, look!' she said excitedly, wondering what was about to happen as a woman appeared on screen.
Back to top Go down
Cornelius*

Cornelius*

PostSubject: Re: Switched (Tag: Periwinkle)   Switched  (Tag: Periwinkle) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 2:56 pm

Cornelius looked up at the screen when it lit up, then at the girl and back at the screen again. Cornelius followed the girl when she dragged him closer to the screen. He gave her a quick look, wondering how she could be so excited, before he focused on the screen again. The last time the TV had been on, it hadn't been good news.
His eyes widened in horror as he watched the events from the gardening unfold. His throat was dry and it was difficult to shallow. The woman on the screen... The way she died... Was that what was in store for everyone trapped in here? Would he too die in such a painful way?
Back to top Go down
Periwinkle

Periwinkle

PostSubject: Re: Switched (Tag: Periwinkle)   Switched  (Tag: Periwinkle) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 4:22 pm

Periwinkle watched in awe as the woman drank from one of the vials, is she going to be ok? she thought. She noticed the colour of the woman's hair and smiled slightly, is she like me? Like Jack? she wondered, doubting if she'd ever get the chance to find out.

As soon as the woman started screaming she jumped back, startled by the sudden change in the woman's behaviour. She hid behind the man's back, wishing Jack was here right now to make her feel better, but she had no idea where he was or if he even knew she was missing..
Periwinkle held onto his clothes, shaking slightly as she heard the sounds of the woman start to attack herself. She shut her eyes tightly as the woman continued to scream, unable to erase the image of the deranged look in her eyes from her mind. She'd never seen anything like that before and she didn't know how to process what she was seeing.

Periwinkle continued to hide, even after the screaming had stopped and silence had engulfed the room.
Back to top Go down
Cornelius*

Cornelius*

PostSubject: Re: Switched (Tag: Periwinkle)   Switched  (Tag: Periwinkle) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 4:34 pm

When the TV turned off Cornelius felt paralyzed. This couldn't be happening. After some time he again became aware of the shaking girl hiding behind him. He turned around, unsure what to say to comfort her. His own thoughts were a mess. It was no use saying it was going to be ok, because they were trapped in here and who knew for how long. Tomorrow it could be one of them on that screen. He was usually fairly optimistic, but with the girl’s screaming still chiming in his ears it was difficult. Without saying a word he just gently placed a comforting hand on the girl's shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Periwinkle

Periwinkle

PostSubject: Re: Switched (Tag: Periwinkle)   Switched  (Tag: Periwinkle) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 5:04 pm

She jumped again as she felt a hand on her shoulder, looking up at the man with wide eyes.

'We're all going to die in here, aren't we?' she asked, though she already knew the answer. She thought the two bodies in the basement were just killed because they defied their captors. But as she recalled the chilling screams from the garden, she was finally starting to realise that they were all going to be picked off one by one and there was nothing they could do about it.
Back to top Go down
Cornelius*

Cornelius*

PostSubject: Re: Switched (Tag: Periwinkle)   Switched  (Tag: Periwinkle) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 5:48 pm

Cornelius looked down at the frightened girl. He wanted to comfort her, yet the only thing he could say was "I... I don't know." Cornelius looked back at the black screen. "How long have you been in here?" he asked eventually. He wondered if they were going to die in the order they were captured in or if it was random. He didn't know the girl on the screen so there was no way to tell.
Back to top Go down
Periwinkle

Periwinkle

PostSubject: Re: Switched (Tag: Periwinkle)   Switched  (Tag: Periwinkle) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 4:24 pm

Periwinkle thought about it but she had no idea if it was night or day in here, let alone how much time had passed since she'd arrived.

'I don't know..' she finally spoke up, glancing towards the ground, 'long enough to see 3 people die.. how long do you think that takes?'
Back to top Go down
Cornelius*

Cornelius*

PostSubject: Re: Switched (Tag: Periwinkle)   Switched  (Tag: Periwinkle) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 4:43 pm

The response surprised Cornelius. He felt horrible after watching just one person die. He shivered, unsure whether it was because of the frozen room or because of the thought of the girl on the TV. "That's... too long. I'm sorry you had to witness 3 people..." He paused.
Back to top Go down
Periwinkle

Periwinkle

PostSubject: Re: Switched (Tag: Periwinkle)   Switched  (Tag: Periwinkle) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 6:34 pm

Periwinkle remembered watching the girl with the tail get her throat slashed and seeing a blond man lying on the ground, a hole in his chest, back in the basement. Seeing them in person hadn't really shocked her in the same way the woman had on screen, animals tear each other apart all the time in the wild.. but the way that woman died.. it was so.. so unnatural.. she thought, staring up at the man when he stopped talking suddenly.

'What's wrong?' she asked, her head tilted slightly with a mix of curiosity and concern.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Switched (Tag: Periwinkle)   Switched  (Tag: Periwinkle) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Switched (Tag: Periwinkle)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Asylum :: The Would House For The Criminally Insane :: Rooms :: Room 3-
Jump to: