The Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Those Who Enter Are Lost

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chel and Kale's audition

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chel

Chel

Chel and Kale's audition Empty
PostSubject: Chel and Kale's audition   Chel and Kale's audition I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 3:49 pm

Shameless doing what everyone is doing! XD
Just wanted to share my audition for my characters! X3 One for both! X) Maybe it's a bit too long... X)

···································

“Move your fins Chel!” Kale shouted at his sister “We won't go anywhere if you keep this gait!”
Behind him, his sister Chel snorted at him “They're called feet!” why did he have to be so recognizable?! If they wanted to continue their trip on the land they needed to at least try to act like simple humans!
“Whatever…” Kale chuckled a bit and continued to walk, keeping as usual his guard high. He didn't like to stay on the mainland for too long, actually he didn’t like it at all!
Their life was under the sea with the others of their kind: the people of the sea, or mermaids and mermen as human usually called them. Humans… dangerous and pretty much pathetic, if you asked him. Not his favourite company.
If it would have been for him, no one of them would have started this suicidal trip on the mainland, but a promise is a promise. The promise they did at their mother before she died: “find your father and bring him home… promise me!” how could they say no? Find the merman who left his family without saying a word to live on this dry land. Sure, Kale hated him and Chel slowly learned that he would never came back to them, but their mother… their mother still loved him and every day she was waiting for him to return, every day till her unexpected death and that crazy promise.

“Kale!” Chel called him “Why can't we spend the night in that motel we saw?” she asked pointing behind her, unlike her brother she knew something more than her brother about humans costumes and traditions, mostly because she was curious enough to learn a bit of everything asking and chatting with people, making Kale more concerned about her own safety.
It was his duty as the older brother to protect her and be sure that nothing could hurt her, he was always there for her and vice versa.
“Kale!” she called again “Wait for me!” she walked faster trying to not stumble in her own feet, after all they were walking for all the afternoon and, even if she didn’t want to alarm Kale, Chel was starting to feel tired. She wasn’t used to stay out water for so long, if it wasn’t for the promise she would have already come back home. Sure, the mainland was interesting and humans seemed funny, but there is no place like home and she could feel a bit of homesickness, after all they weren’t creatures born to stay away from the sea.
Kale turned and walked back to her “I don’t think it’s a good idea to sleep in one of those… cages!” he said showing his aversion for another human thing.
Chel snorted “Why do you have to be so childish?! We have been out of water for too long and unless you can build a lake right here, we need a place where there is enough water for you and me!" she said crossing her arms and watching him defiantly, as she usually did when they were little. Kale snorted and watched her with the same look, he wouldn’t lose this game again!
“Fine...” he sighed giving up after a few minutes, Chel smiled victorious “I always win this game!” she chuckled and started to walk in the direction of the motel. Since they don’t have a lot of things with them, just the few robes they took from a clothesline after getting out of the water and some money that they stole, hopefully the owner would exchange them for a couple of wanderers and leave them stay without a lot of questions.

Once they were left alone in their room, there was finally the chance to have some rest and some water for their feet, literally a whole bathtub.
“Go you first.” Kale said to Chel pointing at the bathroom “I'll control that nobody comes in while you're there.” Chel nodded and smiled relieved, she really needed a good bath.
She closed the door behind her and relaxed in the bathtub, her once feet as soon as they touched the water turned into a fish tail “That's better…”
Meanwhile Kale was sitting on one of the beds keeping an eye on the main door. “Kale!” he turned to the bathroom's door “What?” he asked getting up and coming closer to the door “I can't get out the bathtub!” Chel shouted from inside.
Kale sighed and entered in “Come on! Give me your hands” he said bending over her. Chel smirked and pulled him down in the water with her: now there were two fish tails coming out from the bathtub.
“Was that necessary?” Kale asked trying to find a better position to sit, the bathtub was so small that they looked like canned sardines. “What?!” Chel asked innocently “You needed a bath too!” she smirked plugging her nose. Kale couldn't help but laugh too pulling himself out of the water and returning on his feet “Now get out, we don't have all the night!” Chel laughed and stuck out her tongue, as when they were kids, leaving Kale no other choice to mock her and stick out his tongue too as he left the room.

A knock on the door “Who's there?” Kale asked coming closer to the door. Who could possibly be at that time? For sure neither him or Chel ordained something and they already paid for the night. Another knock, this time more stronger, like someone was about to throw down the door. Kale took a few steps behind, still watching the door, they needed to get out of there immediately.
“Chel!” he called entering in the bathroom “We have to go! Now!” he said grabbing her arm “What's going on?!” she asked worried trying to follow him without stumble, then she heard the shots on the door, someone had found them! Kale opened a window and they left the room in the same moment that those people broke in, a 'damn it' was the only thing they heard before leaving behind the motel.
After a few times they finally reached one of the most safe place they could find: a river. Sure it wasn't like the ocean, but for them it was like home. “What luck!” Chel smiled starting to remove her shorts "”Better celebrate later…” Kale said while he was removing his trousers too. “Now jump!” he said taking her hand, in a second they were swimming in the river trying to leave far away those hunters. “Maybe they gave up…” Chel said after ten minutes, even if it was dark she could see quite well and everything seemed calm. “Wait here, I'll check.” Kale swum in the surface and watched around, it was dark, no signs of lights or the noise of boats, so he let Chel coming up with him “This way...” he pointed and started swimming when suddenly a fishing net was thrown on them. Those hunters were hiding in the dark waiting for them to show up.
“Look what we found!” one of them laughed as they were dragged out of water hung in the net. Before they could protest or start to fidget, the other hunter shot them with a narcotic. Everything blurred out and soon both of them fell asleep, without knowing what would happen to them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/albuzza93

Chel and Kale's audition
Page 1 of 1