The Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Those Who Enter Are Lost

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Waking up in the dark • Anita

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Anita Radcliffe

Anita Radcliffe

Waking up in the dark • Anita - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waking up in the dark • Anita   Waking up in the dark • Anita - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 8:04 am

Anita bit her lip slightly before chewing on it a bit nervously. "I've got to. My race are a rarity nowadays." she stated in a low tone, before frowning a bit at Chel's last words. Angelic magic and a vampire didn't seem to click with each other.

"It would, wouldn't it? But I don't think that's the case with our captors. Ever since I've woken up...I've caught the scent of angelic magic covering the walls of this place."
Back to top Go down
Chel

Chel

PostSubject: Re: Waking up in the dark • Anita   Waking up in the dark • Anita - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 8:31 am

Chel blinked in surprise, angelic magic?! Was Anita telling the truth? Even for her it was hard to believe in the existence of angels. The older of her race liked to tell stories how the humans used to pray angels when merpeople still hunted them from their wooden ships, hundreds of years ago, but for what they remembered, never an angel arrived to save humans. So they just assumed it was something humans invented.

"Are you sure?" she asked "Those kind of creature are a human fantasy, they pray angels for something they want, but in the end nothing really happens..."
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/albuzza93
Anita Radcliffe

Anita Radcliffe

PostSubject: Re: Waking up in the dark • Anita   Waking up in the dark • Anita - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 9:10 am

Anita nodded, answering "Yes. They surely do exist." She filed through her brain for the knowledge that she had read about angels. In human and supernatural books about them. The humans gave too much credit to the angels in Anita's opinion. Angels thought they were a higher class than everyone else. Which Anita thought was funny since most angels were humans before becoming angels.

"Well I think that angels aren't really allowed to mess with humans especially if it's their time to die. That's what I've read up on before."
Back to top Go down
Chel

Chel

PostSubject: Re: Waking up in the dark • Anita   Waking up in the dark • Anita - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 9:47 am

Anita surely looked convinced that angels existed, making Chel doubt everything that had been told to her. After all they had an approximate knowledge of what happened outside the water and they didn't even cared a lot about it.

"I think you're probably right..." Chel sighed "Humans put a lot of hope in angels, too much apparently..." she laughed sightly. It was funny how those beloved creatures could be such monsters towards the other supernaturals.
Back to top Go down
Anita Radcliffe

Anita Radcliffe

PostSubject: Re: Waking up in the dark • Anita   Waking up in the dark • Anita - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 10:34 am

Anita nodded in agreement. "They really do, don't they? I find it funny to listen to the humans praise angels, etc." They were fools to praise such creatures who just believed that they were higher than everyone and never did come to their aid much.
Back to top Go down
Chel

Chel

PostSubject: Re: Waking up in the dark • Anita   Waking up in the dark • Anita - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 3:40 pm

"Yeah... but in the end they always seek the supernatural..." she sighed, she couldn't remember how many times she and her kind had to move because of humans and their need for a proof of merpeople existence.
"I mean... for most of them, this days, we 'monsters' are just tales or legends, but some of them do believe our existence." she said "Putting us and them in danger."
Back to top Go down
Anita Radcliffe

Anita Radcliffe

PostSubject: Re: Waking up in the dark • Anita   Waking up in the dark • Anita - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 3:53 pm

Anita grimaced a bit at the stories of humans hunting down supernaturals or using them for their selfish needs. It was shameful and disturbing at the same time too. She glanced over at her roommate with a sympathetic look. Mermaids were very popular among the legends which probably caused them grief due to the humans who wanted to find them.

"The ones that know of our existence and believe the legends are the most dangerous. Yet there are a few humans out there that do believe in us and keep our secret safe." Anita said with a light smile.
Back to top Go down
Chel

Chel

PostSubject: Re: Waking up in the dark • Anita   Waking up in the dark • Anita - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 4:59 pm

Chel nodded at Anita words, sure, there were people who kept the secret and left them alone, but surely there weren't a lot! And she never met one.
"Have you ever met a 'believer' that kept the secret?" Chel asked glancing at Anita, she wondered how the relationship between Arachnes and humans may be. Did they feed on humans? Probably. But Anita didn't look like someone who killed just for fun or without a good reason, so she surely had a different connection with men.
Back to top Go down
Anita Radcliffe

Anita Radcliffe

PostSubject: Re: Waking up in the dark • Anita   Waking up in the dark • Anita - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2014 5:38 pm

Anita chewed on her lip for a few seconds, before answering, "Actually yes, I have. He was an extraordinary male for a human." Roger. They both had asked questions about each other's kind, it was splendid to meet someone with the same interests as she. Anita remembered him so very clearly. She touched her chest a bit as it stung. Anita had fallen in love with an unattainable human who wanted to explore the world to do his own little research book about different kinds of supernaturals. She had been invited to come with him of course, but it would've hurt her to be with someone who hadn't felt the same for her.

"He was a lost soul that was going to become my dinner that day. But I noticed something special about him and got him to believe in life again." Anita explained in a heartily tone, smiling at the memory. Books were right. First loves really do hurt even after so long.
Back to top Go down
Chel

Chel

PostSubject: Re: Waking up in the dark • Anita   Waking up in the dark • Anita - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 1:24 am

Chel smiled listening to Anita, extraordinary male for a human was the strangest and at the same time the cutest thing that Chel had heard in her life till now. If that wasn't love, surely Anita cared about him... a lot!
"You saw something in him... And then?" she asked curious hoping to not get too much on the personal "Did you stay with him?"
Back to top Go down
Anita Radcliffe

Anita Radcliffe

PostSubject: Re: Waking up in the dark • Anita   Waking up in the dark • Anita - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 6:26 am

Anita sighed softly, before shaking her head. "I didn't, unfortunately he didn't feel the same about me. But he did invite me to join him on his trip, but I had to decline for the earlier reason." Anita explain, rubbing the back of her neck a bit sheepishly.
Back to top Go down
Chel

Chel

PostSubject: Re: Waking up in the dark • Anita   Waking up in the dark • Anita - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 9:03 am

"Oh..." Chel whispered feeling a bit embarrassed for hitting a certainly delicate point. "I'm sorry.." she said "I didn't want to make you think at sad things." She always tried to make people feel better not worse!
Back to top Go down
Anita Radcliffe

Anita Radcliffe

PostSubject: Re: Waking up in the dark • Anita   Waking up in the dark • Anita - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 9:11 am

Anita chuckled a bit, before waving her hand a bit. "No, no. It's alright, really." Anita quickly said, not wanting the girl to feel like she went a tad far in questioning. "The memories make me sad yet happy to remember them. Not much of a touchy topic to me really. My first love was a human, just like in the stories that I read at my shop." Anita chuckled a bit, feeling a bit ironic to have fallen in love with a human just like in those fairy-tale books.

"Besides I grew out of that love a long time ago. He's probably passed on by now." Anita commented in an optimistic tone.
Back to top Go down
Chel

Chel

PostSubject: Re: Waking up in the dark • Anita   Waking up in the dark • Anita - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 6:57 am

Chel smiled relaxing a bit, luckily she didn't hurt her feelings.
"At least you have a good memory of him." Chel didn't have a lot of experience with love: a few teenager crush, a few kiss and a crazy adventure of one night, but nothing so deep as Anita's love looked like to be.
Back to top Go down
Anita Radcliffe

Anita Radcliffe

PostSubject: Re: Waking up in the dark • Anita   Waking up in the dark • Anita - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 10:19 am

Anita chuckled a bit at this, smiling lightly. "I do, don't I?" The only bad memory of him was when he left to travel. It had been the last time she ever saw him. She tilted her head a bit to the side. "So what about you?" she asked in a curious tone.
Back to top Go down
Chel

Chel

PostSubject: Re: Waking up in the dark • Anita   Waking up in the dark • Anita - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 4:13 pm

"About me?" Chel blinked and smiled awkwardly, she was expecting a question like that sooner or later. After all those she asked at Anita, it was normal that Anita would ask her something too.
"Actually there's not much too say..." she laughed "I have lived in the ocean since I was born... my father left when I was 4... I got over it thanks to my brother and lived a normal mermaid life, you know... singing, swimming, helping the community..." she smiled "Normal things..."
Back to top Go down
Anita Radcliffe

Anita Radcliffe

PostSubject: Re: Waking up in the dark • Anita   Waking up in the dark • Anita - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 4:34 pm

Anita slightly smiled at this. Well the girl wasn't one of those mermaids, that Anita had read about, luring men to death by drowning them. She seemed like the mermaids that humans today really adored to read about to their children.

"You're really good-natured...It's saddening to know that you're stuck in this place." Anita murmured in a crestfallen tone, as she tapped her fingers along the floor.
Back to top Go down
Chel

Chel

PostSubject: Re: Waking up in the dark • Anita   Waking up in the dark • Anita - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 6:56 pm

"Yeah..." Chel stretched herself a bit, they had been sit there for a long time talking and stuffs. "It's a shame for both of us!" she laughed softly "The world is missing two important characters!" she smiled, trying to cheer Anita up.

"You know..." she added "Everybody in the village where I come from has a good nature. Our community stopped attacking humans when they met the first metal ship. Fewer and fewer attacks and then an evolution towards our actual situation."
Back to top Go down
Anita Radcliffe

Anita Radcliffe

PostSubject: Re: Waking up in the dark • Anita   Waking up in the dark • Anita - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 7:17 pm

Anita laughed a bit at the young female's comments, nodding a bit in agreement. "You shouldn't be so sure about me. I've taken the willing humans who wanted to die, giving them to relief that they wanted. It made me feel proud of helping them." She paused for a moment before continuing, "But I do know that I left family members, friends, and loved ones grieving." It had been one of the consequences to her peaceful life.

She grinned a bit sheepishly at the later words. "I'm terribly sorry. I've just read so many books in my time, that sometimes my mind goes haywire with facts and stories," she murmured in an embarrassed tone.

(OOC: Making their fanart <3333)
Back to top Go down
Chel

Chel

PostSubject: Re: Waking up in the dark • Anita   Waking up in the dark • Anita - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 11:45 am

((Really?! 8D I can't wait to see it! <3))

Chel bit her lips, in effect that was one of the consequences of most supernaturals diet. At least Anita fed on people that wanted to die.
"You don't have to blame yourself." she said "It's not your fault if they didn't want to live anymore. You just did what they wanted."

Chel smiled "You don't need to be sorry." she said "We changed together with the world, maybe even in a better way. We don't forget how we used to live hundred years ago, but I don't think we will ever return at those times. At least not now." she chuckled.
Back to top Go down
Anita Radcliffe

Anita Radcliffe

PostSubject: Re: Waking up in the dark • Anita   Waking up in the dark • Anita - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 12:02 pm

(OOC: <333 I just uploaded it 8D)

Anita slightly smiled at the female's attempts to make her feel better. It was working though bit by bit. "We did, didn't we? I kind of wish my kind changed with the world also like yours did" If that had happened, then perhaps she would've stayed with her family rather than running off on her own into the human world.

"...You're really good at lifting people's spirits up, you do know that right?" Anita complimented with a soft smile.
Back to top Go down
Chel

Chel

PostSubject: Re: Waking up in the dark • Anita   Waking up in the dark • Anita - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 1:20 pm

Chel smiled, she knew that it was always difficult to change and not everybody was willing to do something different. Maybe because they're scared, afraid or just overproud. It was always a leap in the dark.

"It's my job." she laughed "I did it first with my brother, then my friends and even with my mother! Sometimes you just need an hand to see the light in a dark moment." she smiled almost proud of her own talent.
Back to top Go down
Anita Radcliffe

Anita Radcliffe

PostSubject: Re: Waking up in the dark • Anita   Waking up in the dark • Anita - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 11:21 pm

Anita chuckled a bit to herself at the proud, bright tone the girl spoke with. "Its a wonderful gift that you have." she stated honestly with a delighted smile. She really was going to need it since they were stuck captive in this place.

"Alot of people yearn for such a quality." Anita added in a sheepish tone, slightly embarrassed for being one of those people. The first someone, that Anita met, to have such a quality had been Roger. Now here she was sitting across the room from another one with the quality.
Back to top Go down
Chel

Chel

PostSubject: Re: Waking up in the dark • Anita   Waking up in the dark • Anita - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 9:42 am

Chel smiled again, she couldn't help but be a little proud: Anita liked her 'talent' and the fact that she was actually admitting it made everything better. Not a lot of people did it.

"Yes, but they surely have another quality that I don't have." Chel smiled. Sometimes she had been jealous of her friends' talents and they of hers; it was normal in the end.
Back to top Go down
Anita Radcliffe

Anita Radcliffe

PostSubject: Re: Waking up in the dark • Anita   Waking up in the dark • Anita - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 1:33 pm

Anita nodded a bit in agreement. "Indeed that is true." She supposed that everyone would have a yearning for qualities that they didn't have.

She peered through the darkness, trying to get a good look of the girl. She sighed a bit softly. "I wonder if the others in this place are in such dark rooms."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waking up in the dark • Anita   Waking up in the dark • Anita - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Waking up in the dark • Anita
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next